EB-2 Visa with NIW

Did you know that if you hold a masters or a Ph.D. in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics, you may qualify to apply for a green card?

United States encourage individuals who can create jobs and stimulate the economy to immigrate to the U.S. For this purpose, the immigration law created an easy path to permanent residency for those who can establish that their admission to permanent residence would be in the national interest of the U.S. This is how the national interest waiver (NIW) works.

If you have an advanced degree from a reputable university, published scientific papers, and can get letters of recommendation from your supervisors or instructors, then you can take advantage of the NIW process.

When you seek a national interest waiver, unlike other employment-based immigrants, you do not need a Labor Certification from the Department of Labor. More importantly, you can petition for yourself. You are no longer at the mercy of an employer to file an employment-based immigration petition (EB-2) for you.

Finally, you can start the EB-2 NIW application while you are still studying for your Ph.D. or working as a postdoctoral researcher. This way, you will have your green card in your hands when you graduate or complete your research and have more freedom to apply for a suitable job. You no longer need an employer who must sponsor you for an H1-B visa and get an export license! You have more options in the job market.

Martin Law can help you get your green card through the EB-2 NIW process. We draft all the required documents, including the petition and letters of recommendation. You can call our office or come in and meet our team. We will evaluate your chance of success free of charge and offer guaranteed success or a full refund for highly qualified clients – meet with our team for full details.

In addition to an advanced degree, scientific publications, and letters of recommendation, the following evidence strengthens your application for EB-2 NIW:

  • The number of times your publications have been cited by other professionals and scientists.
  • Evidence of authorship of scholarly books or articles.
  • Evidence of receipt of prizes or awards for excellence.
  • Recognition for your achievements.
  • Significant contributions to your industry or the academic field.
  • Evidence that you have been asked to judge the work of others, either individually or on a panel. As an example, reviewing other authors' publications for a scientific journal.
  • Membership in a professional associations.
  • Evidence of published material in professional publications written by others about your work in the academic field.
  • Other comparable evidence of eligibility.